This very popular and successful program is entering its third year. United’s Jr Nike Academy program is for players born in the year 2011 only. This program is designed to provide opportunities for like minded players to train separately from their regular teams in preparation for United’s advanced programs when they become available in the spring of 2019.
The training’s focus will include improving all technical aspects of dribbling, passing, receiving, ball striking, 1v1 and 3v1 possession.
The training is conducted by United’s Nike Academy and Academy Directors of Coaching Barry Mantle. The club will monitor the development of the players to help assist with player placement for future teams and programs.
2011 Jr. Nike Academy
Phase 3 – Spring 2019. This program is for players that have participated in phase 1 and/or phase 2 of the year long program. Players that participate in phase 3 will be invited to participate in the end of program Stenger Invitational tournament on Saturday, May 25 and Sunday, May 26 (additional cost for tournament)
The program will run for 6 sessions during the spring season, including 2 scrimmage days.
- Training Days: Friday’s April 5, 12, 19 & 26
- Scrimmage Days: April 14 (Sunday, same times) & May 3 (Friday)
- Boys sessions: 4.45 – 5.45pm
- Girls sessions: 6.00 – 7.00pm
- Location: Arapaho Park
The cost is $100.00 per player, register click here
What to Bring
- Indoor soccer shoes, sneakers or cleats (No cleats allowed at Whitman)
- Wear JNA training shirt, soccer shorts and socks
- Wear shin guards
- Bring inflated ball weekly