Friday Night Academy:
United’s Friday Night Academy is for current 2011, 2012 & 2013 players, this program is integral for the development of the player that wants more from the game of soccer. Mirrored on the clubs Academy U9 & U10 program, the training is technically focused with aim of maximizing touches on the soccer ball. Groups are divided by age and alter through the program to allow players to train with similar ability players. This provides each individual a better balance of challenge and having success.
The training is conducted by United’s staff trainers under the guidance of Felipe Quiroga and Barry Mantle. The club will monitor the development of the players to help assist with player placement for future teams and programs. Players interested in this program should have:
- Ambition and love for the game of soccer
- For 2011 and 2012 players the desire to play at the Academy or Nike Academy program
The program will run for 5 sessions during the fall season.
- Friday, September 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th and October 4th
- Boys sessions will run from 4.30 – 5.30pm and Girls from 5.30 – 6.30pm
- Cost: $100 (includes a t-shirt)
- Location: Southbridge Park