Friday Night Academy:
United’s Friday Night Academy is for current 2010, 2011 & 2012 players, this program is integral for the development of the player that wants more from the game of soccer. Mirrored on the clubs Academy U9 & U10 program, the training is technically focused with aim of maximizing touches on the soccer ball. Groups are divided by age and alter through the program to allow players to train with similar ability players. This provides each individual a better balance of challenge and having success.
The training is conducted by United’s staff trainers under the guidance of Barry Mantle. The club will monitor the development of the players to help assist with player placement for future teams and programs. Players interested in this program should have:
- Ambition and love for the game of soccer
- Players born in 2010 and 2011 the desire to play at the Academy or Nike Academy program level
The program will run for 5 sessions during the spring season.
- Friday’s April 5, 12, 19, 26 and May 3 (make up session May 10 if needed)
- Boys sessions: 5.00 – 6.00pm
- Girls sessions: 6.00 – 7.00pm
- Location: Southbridge Park
- Cost: $90 (includes a T-shirt)