The Copa (formerly Nike) Academy ID/Team formations are open to all players interested in playing at a higher level and meet the criteria for the Copa Academy program (see link below). This program has been created to provide a pathway for players that have the ability, desire and commitment to play with similar minded and ability players that need a greater challenge.
The Copa Academy ID/Team Formation days are tentatively set to be held the week of June 15. Dates will be confirmed once we receive further safety and health guidelines. Communication will be ongoing prior to June 15.
Who Should Attend?
- Existing 2011 birth year Copa Academy players
- 2011 & 2012 birth year players ready for a greater challenge
- 2012 players that have participated in the 2012 Jr. Nike Academy program
- Exceptional 2013 birth year players that need the challenge of playing up an age group and meet the Copa Academy criteria
What Do I Do Next?
Pre-register for the ID/Team formation days, click button below
Included in the registration form are a series of questions regarding current and future players. This information is very important in determining which players are planning to return and also project how many new teams we may be able to form.
All players must complete the Copa Academy Team Placement Registration to be considered for the Copa Academy program. If you are unable to attend but wish to be considered contact Barry Mantle.
What to expect after the ID/Formation Days?
- 2011 & 2012 Birth Year: After the team formation evening all players will receive an email within 72 hours regarding placement on a Copa Academy team or within the program or a recommendation to play in the Academy program
- Families will accept or decline the invitation within 48 hours
- Families will register immediately with a small deposit, payment plans are available
- Parents and players will attend a Copa Academy team meeting between June 22 – July 1