Values & guiding principles: A.C.E.S.
○ Positive attitude with yourself and others
○ Be committed to your development.
○ Always give your best effort and never give up.
– Respect is the golden rule – treat others the way you want to be treated –
– Improve technical skills & overall technique, physical skills, and psychological skills.
-Training is optional.
-Options for scholarships/funding.
-Individual player development program – players can register for private and/or skills classes and/or zoom classes.
-Registration on a first come first serve basis.
-Smaller groups for an increased amount of repetitions and attention.
CO United A.C.E.S. Spring 2021 Program Information
Private Training with Coach Ashley (Field Players ONLY):
-Individual and pre-formed small group private training available.
-Available to DOB 2003-2010 boys and girls, all levels.
Sessions planned around the specific player/groups and their United evaluations.
- Skill Level
- Player Goals
1-hour sessions including technical training and one or all of the others:
- Technical training – Juggling, ball mastery, dribbling, skill moves, attacking and defending 1 v 1, first touch & receiving, passing accuracy and pace, crossing, and shooting. 2. Physical fitness training – S.A.Q., strength, endurance, power, balance, mobility. 3. Cognitive training – Anticipation, decision-making, reaction, attention, memory, problem-solving, multi-tasking, pattern recognition, and audio & visual processing.
- Mental skill training – Confidence, discipline, grit, curiosity, attitude, motivation, goals & commitment, people skills, self-talk, emotional control, and concentration.
Skills Classes (Field Players & GK’s):
-Available to DOB 2003-2010 boys and girls.
-Competitive levels Gold-White.
-12-max field players; 8-max GK’s.
-1 practice day and 1 “game day” a week.
Field Players – Practice Day:
30 minutes of technical, cognitive and/or mental skill training with coach Ashley. 30 minutes of fitness training with coach KJ.
*20/20/20min. split with AC, KJ, and Dr. Chris (3/19 & 4/16) – (8 players per group)
Goalkeepers – Practice Day (Coach Devala):
1-hour training of one or more of the following: handling, distribution & ball skills, positioning & footwork, strength & core stability, power, explosion, confidence, decision-making, reflexes, balance, and coordination.
Game Day: variety of small-sided games; goalie wars.